EME 2040 Blog Post 1

 Hi, my name is Avery! I am a senior at Florida State University, I am majoring in International Affairs with a concentration in Public Administration. During my time at Florida State, I have earned a certificate in Emergency Management. I have worked a lot with my academic passions and am excited following graduation to enter into my career field. Outside of school, I enjoy spending time with friends and family, going to sporting events, and traveling. 

Through my time in the educational setting in both K-12 and collegiate level I have been exposed to a range of levels and developing technology. In my K-12 experience I was able to experience the transitions from use of white boards to using smart boards with the introduction to making google slides was first introduced to me in sixth grade where I learned about transitions and formatting. Throughout my higher levels of K- 12, I was introduced to more levels of technology like google classroom and how to work with discussion posts. Into college, I have learned more skills in the Microsoft programs where I have learned how to make excel sheets and presentations. The system of canvas that is now a common necessity in college I first learned within my first few weeks at college where I learned about how to use the program and how to utilize it to my best advantage. 



“Spent the afternoon talking about technology and coding in Jax’s Kindergarten classroom by Ian O’ByrneIan O’Byrne. Is licensed under CC-BY-SA 2.0


When learning I use a vast source of resources whether it be for social, academic, or career wise that follows into my own PLN (personal learning network). Resources I tend to use in my academic learning tends to be from the school website to learn about deadlines and programs, google to search and understand new terms and definition to do research, academic journals that can help me in my research, other resources I tend to use is grammarly when wanting to check for grammar and structure errors and citation websites to help me with crafting my citations. Social and career wise I also tend to use the format of google to help start my research or find the answers I am trying to look for. These sources are used typically on a daily to help me when learning tasks like making a new recipe to starting a research paper. 




Comments

  1. This comment is from Peyton Perales. His/her blog has issue to reply so I copy and paste the reply here:
    Hi Avery! As a freshman I can’t imagine being a senior. Has it flown by? International Affairs sounds intense but I’m sure it’s a super interesting career to pursue. Your technology skills seem to have been introduced at a slow but steady pace which I think helped our generation learn better. Obviously like you said, we had white boards and projectors at first which didn’t turn into smartboards and full use of computers until middle school. It does seem like you’re pretty confident in your skills, though, which is good! I also use the school website or my Canvas calendar to look back on assignments and due dates. Google is another big one I use but I have never used Grammarly on big papers- maybe I will have to try it out sometime! Hope all goes well for you and you have a great last semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Avery! Congrats on being a senior at Florida State, that seems super exciting. Experiencing in the K-12 settings especially the advancement in technology is definitely relevant in education. Like you, I also remember using white boards/expo markers and then going to smart boards, that was definitely a transition! Great blog and good luck with graduating from Florida State, congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

EME Blog Post 3

EME 2040 Blog 5